Friday, November 9, 2007

Conversations with Myself

Not figuratively. I actually spoke these words aloud to myself today.

"Come on, Angela. You could get these two things done and it would be really awesome."
~ Pep talk to myself to power through the last 20 minutes before Roscoe got home from school even though I really wanted to quit working on a lame resume

"Thank you for doing that. I really appreciate it."
~ Congratulating myself for saying no to a woman who needed me to watch her daughter on Tuesday mornings

3 comments:

  1. Wow... I just realized that the conversations I have with myself are WAY crazy. And on saying no... you should be congratulating yourself. Why is it that we feel we have to always say yes to helping out. Sure it would be the nice thing to do, but sometimes you just CAN'T, and that's okay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya Kelly does have some funny conversations with Kelly. I find it endearing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I give myself little pep talks as well!

    Good for you for saying no. I am getting better at this, but it is quite an accomplishment to actually do it.

    ReplyDelete