Thursday, December 6, 2007

Holiday Whirl

Do you hear that rushing sound? It's the sound of money flowing out of my account. I'm having a shopping meltdown. In the last 24 hours, I have purchased

  • 1 black, junior-sized electric guitar with amp (Logan's birthday present; more on this later)
  • 1 bookcase (will become a dollhouse for Haley's birthday present)
  • 1 desktop computer (everyone's Christmas present--from you, Mom! Check it out--it's only $200! http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=7754613)
  • 1 chandelier (Mom's Christmas present to me; Nancy I think it's the same one as yours)
  • 1 twin-sized duvet cover (I have the idea that Logan will keep his bed more in order if he doesn't have to manage separate sheets and blankets)
  • 5.25 yards fleece (something fun in the works for J&J's kids)
  • 1 yard brocade (Nancy, I'm recovering my blue striped memo board with something funkier)
  • 2 personal pizzas (plus 1 Levi got for free for doing this month's reading log)
  • 6 Ikea kids' meals (to allow time for all that shopping)

And that doesn't include the bionicles, transformers, movies, and art supplies I've bought on previous occasions or that the kids bought for each other.

Can you believe that? And I'm not a major gift-buyer. The kids each get one thing from me for their birthday--but I have three birthdays in the next week. And this year I'm doing Mom's shopping. Oh, and the next week is my 15th wedding anniversary, an event you would think would get some special notice, but may get lost in the fray.

3 birthdays + Christmas x 7 kids = Madness

7 comments:

  1. 7? Are you counting J&J's kids? Cuz they have 3 and that would be 8 total, right? Or have you adopted 2 more? Or are you and Mark counted as kids since it is Christmas, after all?

    Anyway - that is quite a haul. I spent $150 online yesterday. That was fun. It's a good thing I wrote down stuff as I ordered it or I'm pretty sure I wouldn't even remember what I got.

    Christmas is pretty crazy. And the more kids - the crazier. Plus Birthday's? Sheesh. You really do need that flask.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, I guess my brain is whirled. There aren't 7 kids--just 7 people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, I would certainly have blogged about the flask, but it's so shiny and reflective I can't get a good picture of it. Do you have an online picture from whereever you got it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also, I would certainly have blogged about the flask, but it's so shiny and reflective I can't get a good picture of it. Do you have an online picture from whereever you got it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sound familiar.
    I have the perfect solution: Don't go to the store at all.... uh.. .that won't work, cause you'll just spend twice as much the next time...

    I'm curious about the fleece!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got it at Target but I just looked online and they dont have a pic of that exact one. However, I was shocked to see that they offer a variety of like 12 flasks. I didn't know they were such hot Christmas items!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Angela, I'm Nancy's sister in law and I love your blog. Most of the time when I read blogs written by women, I come away feeling so discouraged about my abilities as a wife and mother, but not yours. You always inspire me and don't make me feel stupid, thanks! I'm curious about all the fun projects you have in the works. Let us know how they turn out!

    ReplyDelete