Friday, December 7, 2007

Lightning Strikes Twice

I once wrote that I've never met anyone like my son Logan. Except, amazingly, my son Levi is a lot like Logan. Same swagger. Same flair. Same amazing ability to remember names and dates as he expands his social network.

Case in point: Here's a memorable quotation from Logan several years ago. One night we were riding in the car, and Logan spun this tale:

Once there was a happy family: Logan, Roscoe, Angela, Mark, and Levi. They were all Qshurst-McGees. Levi Christian Qshurst-McGee, Angela Michelle Qshurst-McGee, Roscoe HenryQshurst-McGee. Mark Roscoe Qshurst-McGee.

At this point Mark and I were chuckling contentedly, enjoying this story of family love. Then Logan continued:

But one had the longest name of all. Logan. He was the fastest. He was the best.

Yesterday, Levi was drawing and I hear him say:

Oh man, I messed up! I'm trying to make the most happiest person in the
world--eats good food, listens to his teacher, and does all good stuff. A person
like me! ... And then I'll put some Spiderman stickers on.

Yesterday I snuck up on Levi while he was deeply absorbed in some make-believe between a little Obi-Wan and a lion. I love the way kids his age go so deep in their play. I also love how in this clip you can see the moment when Levi realizes I'm stalking him. He tries to play it cool for a moment, then gives in.

video

1 comment:

  1. Cute. Just yesterday I caught Asher in one of those "deep in play" moments. He couldn't come to dinner until he got cetain blocks stacked the way he wanted.
    You're boys sure are handsome.

    ReplyDelete