Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Two tiny tips

Life is squeezed too overfull for any creative musing to come leaking out. Instead, here are two tried-and-tried tips. Totally effective, totally low-tech, all for mere pennies. If only life were so simple.

1.
To get rid of a wart, make a little band-aid strip out of duct tape and wear it for a few days. It suffocates the wart and voila.

2.
This one is stolen from my friend at Mythbuster Beauty. Smash two aspirin in a cup, add a few drops of water, and spread the grit over your face and neck. Rinse off in 10 minutes or so and you'll have lovely, silkly smooth skin. I adore this.

What is your favorite household tip?

4 comments:

  1. Y'know Mark tried the duck tape thing and after what seemed like at least two weeks, the wart was still there. IDK

    Oh sorry. My fave is the honey & oatmeal facial scrub followed by an egg mask.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Instead of aspirin or honey or oatmeal or eggs - I use chocolate chip cookies. Liberally. Here's how it works - you make or buy the cookies, get a glass of milk, turn on the TV, sit down in your favorite chair and eat the cookies while watching TV. It works with a book instead of TV too.

    Really, my favorite household trick is to have a formal living room. People think I keep an immaculate house - I definitely do NOT. But my living room is always clean.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So since we've been sick the last few weeks, my tip is thusly themed:

    For a sore throat, especially in the beginning:

    Take a tablespoon of baking soda and put it in a mug full of hot water. Gargle it as much as you can stand. Repeat as necessary every morning and night. I also have heard salt works and alcohol (like in a mouthwash, but you could try your handy Moose Juice if you wanted ;)

    Rob's sore throat lasted weeks because he refused to this, mine lasted two days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nanc, I'm with you on the formal living room as a buffer between the world and family chaos. Good one, Em-- I love salt and hot water on a sore throat. Does wonders. I think I learned that one from Grandma Gold.

    ReplyDelete