Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Logan's Monster Alphabet

Logan and I have been engaged in an ongoing debate about artwork during sacrament meeting. He claims sacrament meeting is too boring not to engage in complex art projects. I claim it would be less boring if he would pay attention. Plus I'm tired of him emerging from sacrament meeting all ink-smeared and leaving behind a nest of paper scraps.

Sunday before last I made him take notes on every speaker and promised that if he did so, he could have a chance to doodle and listen the following week. So here's what he worked on last week. Every few minutes I'd shoot him the evil eye and hiss, "You're not listening!" and he'd retort with something like, "He said he's grateful for the ward's help and the gospel is like a seed."



Logan requests that any future correspondence with him be conducted in Monster Alphabet.

2 comments:

  1. I love, love, LOVE the monster alphabet! (and have been known to use it myself on the occasional lunch sack)

    I'm gonna agree with Logan here, but please don't tell him. I often doodle during church meetings. I am one of those people who learn by listening and doing. I draw in church to pay attention. If I don't I wouldn't be able to tell you a single thing the speaker said. But as Logan demonstrated, while drawing I am indeed listening more carefully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you found my blog so I could find yours. (I see you are Hollywood's cousin. She is a random person I have adopted as my friend on the internet. She even sent me her Christmas card!) I just read your entire adoption story with Haley. I'm in awe over the entire thing. I love the "Hallelujah Haley" picture. I can't wait to come back and get to know you better.

    ReplyDelete