Friday, January 18, 2008

Whose hearts I know

Behold and hearken, O ye elders of my church, who have assembled yourselves together,
whose prayers I have heard,
and whose hearts I know,
and whose desires have come up before me.

Behold and lo, mine eyes are upon you,

and the heavens and the earth are in mine hands,
and the riches of eternity are mine to give.

Doctrine and Covenants 67:1-2

Don't you love how occasionally a verse that's always been there and seemed mundane and insignificant suddently jumps out at you? I love the imagery and symmetry of this one. God hears and knows us because our desires have come up before him and his eyes are on us. Like all his senses are focused on giving attention to us. I have had several experiences over the years that have taught me that God really does give caring notice to me.

I also love the imagery of plenty in these verses. Heaven, earth, and the riches of eternity are in God's hands. So if he knows our desires, and has the riches of eternity to give, then blessings must be in store for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment