Tuesday, February 5, 2008

The Joy of Sloth

I've been wanting to write this post about sloth since Sunday--so what does it say about my relationship with sloth that I just haven't had the time? A week ago Sunday I was just sick enough to stay home from church. I got the kids ready, Mark picked them up, and I went to bed--where I stayed basically all day long. It was fabulous. I slept and read, and that's about it. The last time I did anything like that was when I was in the hospital with Jesse.

Photographed (but not focused) by Roscoe.



Then this Sunday for some reason I was hit with the urge to throw a Super Bowl party. So I set out a smorgasbord of chips, veggies, pigs in a blanket, and potato wedges. If someone said, "Can I have some?" I said, "Sure, help yourself." And people helped themselves for the entire four hours of the game. We all sat on the couch in an ever-shifting people pile--for four hours!!

Mark and I decided we're big fans of major sloth in infrequent doses.

4 comments:

  1. I think the key is major sloth every once in a while as opposed to minor sloth all the time.
    I'm glad you got a break. The super bowl was fun, huh? I loved the commercial with the baby talking about finances. I just googled it and apparently it was for E*trade. If you missed it - check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, on closer inspection of that photo - it appears that Jesse has Sunday attire on top and a big fat nothin' on the bottom. Now THAT is relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't had the urge for slothfulness lately. That whole nesting thing is kicking in BIG TIME. Even when people tell me to relax and do nothing I can't. But darn if that don't look good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I'm cursed with minor sloth all the time, especially since I started only sleeping in 3 hour increments.

    ReplyDelete