Friday, February 22, 2008

Nibbled apples, but no black cloud

Today starts another dissertation blitz weekend. Mark left for work this morning at 6:00 and he'll return tomorrow around dinnertime. This is the weekend I get after a long week of sick children and craziness at work.

As a compensatory treat, I hired a young woman to come do housework. She cleaned all the bathrooms and vacuumed all the floors. So this afternoon I'm just revelling in a house that's mostly clean, all at the same time. No stinky surprise behind the bathroom door. No annoying black cloud of encroaching slime. I can enjoy the children in peace. By foisting off some of the consuming and draining drudgery, I can focus more on good mothering. Last time she came, the kids and I all sprawled across my bed while I read them a chapter from A Wrinkle in Time.

Today I step across an expanse of clean floor in each room. Aaahhh!


1 comment:

  1. Looks like that squirrel problem again. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete