Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Slices of Life



















After weeks of piling snow and bitter cold, yesterday was a balmy 45 degrees. We frolicked in the yard like it was spring, never mind all the mud. Little Jesse was ecstatic-- he probably can't remember ever being allowed to just toodle around the yard.




















The other day I walked down the stairs and noti ced this little pile of Kix in the corner next to the piano. Why? Who? When Jesse noticed me crouching down to take this picture, he rushed over to pop a few in his mouth.




















For Family Home Evening last week, we cut and rearranged faces in the conference Ensign GA list. To the right you see the homework cubbies. Haley through Roscoe has a cubby for homework, handouts, and supplies. In the middle you see my supplies for planning this week's Primary Sharing Time, including my scriptures. (I saw an article about Mitt Romney reading Gideon Bibles in hotel rooms, presumably, the author thought, when he didn't have ready access to the Book of Mormon. The author apparently doesn't know that Mormons always have ready access to the Book of Mormon. We keep copies everywhere. Mitt Romney probably has it on his person on his Blackberry at all times.)


Levi and a cute neighborhood buddy watch afternoon PBS from a sea of Imaginext and Bionicles. (Look, two copies of the Book of Mormon, left over from morning scripture study, lie on the floor next to the blue toy bucket.) I think my children live very happy little lives.



















Roscoe got up at 3:30 this morning to go to the temple. At 4:00 he came upstairs in his suit to give me a kiss goodbye. By 7:10 he was back out the door to school in his typical hoodie-and-jeans uniform. When he gets home this afternoon at 3:15, he'll have already devised a plan for completing homework, piano practice, and computer time, which plan he'll begin executing immediately. He'll begin his chores before I announce choretime, and he'll be nagging me to take him to Scouts by 6:45.

Logan's guitar teacher told him to set a simple song to music. Logan was too embarrassed to perform his rendition of "Mary Had a Little Lamb" for the camera, so here he's just hamming it up.
video

2 comments:

  1. I love the pile of Kix. That is SO something Asher would do. If we ever loose Isaiah's pacifier we can always ask Asher because he stashes them around the house in little holes, toys and cubbys. He used to do it with his own, but now that his own pacifier stays safely stashed in his crib, he steals Isaiah's only to hide it. Crazy kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a pile of Kix in EVERY corner. I'm disturbed now, that I gave up asking "why? who?" so long ago.

    I just know Berkeley and Roscoe would be best friends given the chance. It's fun to imagine.

    Thanks for the slice of life. I loved it.

    ReplyDelete