Sunday, March 30, 2008

Roko's Name and Blessing

I'm in Shingle Springs, California, with Mark and Kelly and Mom and Dad to celebrate the name and blessing of their baby, Roko. Mark's blessing was like a jewel: short, no fluff, nothing but the precious parts. He blessed Roko that he "will understand that he is part of a long line of righteous men, that he will see himself as part of a chain that extends both into the past and into the future."

What a great blessing that Mark can make that claim, and that he himself added a link to that chain by being worthy to bless this beautiful new baby. We're all ready to band together to nurture Roko in the gospel as he adds to the chain. I feel grateful today for the blessings of the gospel and see clearly how anything we may give up for the gospel is nothing but dust.

Pictures of Roko's blessing day were taken on someone else's camera and copies haven't yet reached me, so here are some other pics of the weekend:

Roko meets me at the airport--with Kelly's help. Kelly takes us to In-N-Out for lunch.
Kelly, Roko, and I stroll through historic downtown Placerville. My favorite was the bellydancer's shop, which is where I would have spent my every penny in high school. Kelly graciously lets me carry Roko. Here we introduce him to the yarn shop, which will be very important in his life. [By the way, Mom says my new, blonder hair is too much. Anyone else care to comment?]
Roko meets Grandma and Grandpa at the airport. Looks like Grandma and Roko will get along swimmingly.
Grandpa unveils the beautiful wooden cradle he has crafted for Roko. Grandma made a little mattress and bedding for it. After posing for this pic, I don't think Roko's little bootie barely touched that cradle--we spent the weekend vying for snuggle turns with him.







7 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous that you got to be there. I hope it was a great weekend for you - kid free. That does sound like a beautiful blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cool - first report I've rec'd on the subject (although I spoke at length w/ yo hubby amidst the mayhem engendered by the vacuum of your absence.

    FJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute baby. - on to the hair... just kidding. Really, he is adorable. And I am still so jealous. Now...the hair. It's hard to make a fair assesment since those aren't the greatest pics - but I think maybe *IF* there is any problem (which I'm not saying there necessarily is) it lies in the other hair being too dark. Too much contrast. Maybe lighten the rest of the hair too, then the highlights won't be so "in your face".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Before I read your comment about the hair I was thinking to myself how absolutely beautiful and radiant you look in those pictures. Perhaps thats a good sign?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Before I read your comment about the hair I was thinking to myself how absolutely beautiful and radiant you look in those pictures. Perhaps thats a good sign?

    ReplyDelete
  6. angela.. I say the hair should stay.. it looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE seeing some pictures of you. You are still a babe! Oh yeah, cute baby, too.

    ReplyDelete