Tuesday, June 10, 2008

My 10 Kids

We came across this picture a couple months ago when I visited Mark and Kelly and Roko, and I immediately was drawn to it. This picture captures my memories of my childhood, centered on those 5 little faces.

I realize no one else feels this way about it, but in some ways I didn't think of myself as a child so much as a Junior Mom. Loving and caring for these 5 kids throughout my childhood and adolescence has helped me love and cherish them even more as adults. Every good thing they do gives me an extra dose of joy.

So I staged an updated version. Five kids eating muffins at the bar in the same general age order. And in fact, Levi-Josh, Roscoe-Mark, and Logan-Joe do look somewhat alike.

All we need is our Baby Ruth!

3 comments:

  1. That's priceless. Sweet frames on those glasses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun way to compare pictures of then and now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh, Ang, that's so sweet. I really didn't know you felt that way so much. I love the pics - thank goodness my fashion sense has come a little way since then. You must be a good Mom since we all turned out so fabulously.

    ReplyDelete