Friday, June 6, 2008

Six, and a Rubber Duckie

Remember when I said Levi is a delight?

Overheard in the car while Levi thoughtfuly munched a taco he got with a birthday coupon from school:

SIX! ...pause...
Six is the first of the big numbers. ...pause...
I'm in my tens. ...pause...
I'm almost ten. ...pause...
I just have to be 7 and 8 and 9 and then I'll be 10.

(Sounds like the kind of logic a good friend once used to convince me that my pregnancy was almost over when I was 5 months along.)

Mom (concluding it's time to stop the indulgence and move on): Hop in the back Mr. Backwards Pants Man.

(Mom delivers a swat onto Levi's backwards pants.)

Levi: Hey! Don't slap my rubber duckie!

2 comments:

  1. hahahahahahahahaha! Richard and I are laughing so hard! Kids rock. I think that is some sound logic used by Levi. He's over the hump that is "5".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I am laughing out loud! What a funny story and you tell it so well!

    ReplyDelete