Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Home is where Mommy is

We arrived! In record time! My parents welcomed us with very endearing enthusiasm--it takes a special breed to be quite so excited about opening one's beautiful house to a horde of ill-mannered grandkids.

I put the kids to bed last night just a few hours after we had arrived, but I realized my parents had invested some beautiful quality time with each one, giving each one the type of activity they would most appreciate: A heart-to-heart with Roscoe about the challenges and blessings of a large family. A tea party with Haley. Snuggles with Jesse. A bit of illicit movie-watching with Logan. Bionicle talk with Levi. I kept looking around and seeing everyone getting attention and loving instruction and mentoring from multiple sources! Ahhh.

2 comments:

  1. Your parents are the best at this kind of thing! They know just what the kids need. Welcome to Texas!

    ReplyDelete