Sunday, August 3, 2008

Circus Poodles

The other night we took the kids to the circus for the first time ever. There were contortionists and tight-rope walkers and acrobats and clowns and fireworks and ladies twirling from all sorts of objects. Oh, and elephants and tigers and zebras and a live band. But I'm surprised to say that I think my favorite of all was the poodles.
A lovely woman with long shiny hair and a sparkly outfit twirled her arms and waltzed gracefully around the ring, and five little poodles--yes, five--followed her with rapt attention. When she stepped, they followed. When she raised her arms, they stood eagerly on hind legs. When she spun her arms, they twirled in place.

So this is my new ideal for myself. To be like that circus performer. Stepping glamorously through life with a smile on my face, happily conducting the five shaggy little dogs behind me.

5 comments:

  1. There was sooo much to be seen at this circus! I think I missed half of it. I wish I could be like that lady too, with my 3 little dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leave it to you to find parenting advice at the circus!
    I am always amazed at how much fun the circus is, too. I guess it's just like the monkey riding a dog herding sheep - if you haven't seen it regularly it's exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so funny, love the poodles. Are you still in TX?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the poodles are my favorite part of the circus, too. Did they do backflips, too? I think they are just hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute image: you with your five little poodles!

    ReplyDelete