Sunday, August 17, 2008

The Summer's Final Exclamation Point

We didn't climb Mt Timp, we didn't go to Disneyland, we didn't go swimming at our local pool.--all omissions the kids hasten to point out. But stand forewarned: I will accept no complaints about what we didn't do this summer. Our festivities started two weeks before school even let out. When we left for six weeks of partying in Dallas, school still hadn't let out. We saw six grandparents, seven aunts and uncles, and more cousins than I can count. Circus, swimming, splash pads, movies, card games, board games, shooting, rodeo, treehouse, playhouse, fireworks, ice cream bars, barbecues....

School resumes tomorrow morning--in less than 12 hours--and still we're squeezing the last drops of fun from our summer vacation. Our Benac cousins are having a reunion at the lovely Aspen Grove and we drove up for an evening visit. We saw all our beloved Benac cousins and the kids got one more shot with the Allreds. Cousin bliss and cool mountain breezes. That's it, kids. I don't know how I could have managed any more festivities for you. Thanks for being such fun recipients.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, you packed a lot in! My kids start school on Wednesday. We managed to go to San Francisco and Tahoe, but other than that just the local pool! Summer went by too fast for my taste!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet this will be one of the most memorable summers ever for your kids. Right up there with the first summer each of them drives!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a nice way to end it to me. Has Roscoe registered yet? I bet it's nice you'll have him around for another week.

    ReplyDelete