Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Driving driving driving

I'm too tired for any creativity, so I'll just tell you. Last night we drove down to Provo to catch a chance to see my old college friend Guenevere. Guen and I definitely need some more chat time. So then instead of driving back home, we crashed at my sister-in-law's. It was great to see her and her cute family. But Jesse...oh, Jesse. The kids and I were just spread out to sleep on the living room floor and he wandered around stepping on our faces until he finally fell asleep around 11:00. At midnight he suddenly woke up screaming. Screaming. Loudly. Irrationally. For more than an hour. When he finally fell asleep sprawled across my pillow, I breathed a sigh of relief. Then when he woke up screaming again at 5:30, I admitted defeat, loaded everyone in the van, and started driving. (Did I mention? Mark's been in Arizona for the last week, so I'm on my own.)

Security checkpoint over Hoover Dam. Rain, wind, fog. Hours and hours. Junk food. Movies.
Diet Coke. Driving, driving, driving.

We're here at Mark's sister's. With Mark, which is how we plan to keep it. We're happy to be here. Good night.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you made it safely. Happy Thanksgiving!!! Take a long nap.

    ReplyDelete