Friday, November 14, 2008

Viva la Coldplay

I am in possession of two tickets to next Saturday's Coldplay Viva la Vida concert! I am beyond excited about this.

I spent my teenaged years going to all manner of funky shows in downtown Seattle--The Honeydrippers (with Robert Plant), They Might Be Giants (before anyone ever heard of them), Jane's Addiction, P.I.L. (with Johnny Lydon formerly of the S*x Pistols). Of
course Depeche Mode. I love the concert vibe. And I haven't been to a show since before Roscoe was born.

So what does it mean that I obtained said tickets from the venue's ticket office when I was there today with Levi and Haley to see Disney on Ice, which tickets we obtained by donating 15 cans of pinto beans? I mean, Disney kitsch? Food storage? Chris Martin would think I'm an alien.

7 comments:

  1. The whole Disney on Ice thing is really kindof freaky to me. That pic of Nemo? Scary!

    Have fun at the concert! I think it makes you even cooler that you're Mommy-by-day, Hip-chic-by-night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am ultra excited for you, since I am soon to be the lucky owner of one of said two tickets. It's going to be incredible! Now what to wear? I'm definitely in favor of dropping the mommy-by-day look for the hip-chic-by-night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had the same thought Emily--but I'm not sure I can actually DO hip-chic-by-night look anymore! At least we'll be hip in our hearts--and no one has to know about the NINE children we've left at home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so jealous you got to see They Might Be Giants; I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If that is Nemo on ice - please let me go to the concert. I hope the kids enjoyed it and aren't damaged.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun for you! Of course my computer would go out the month you are doing a day by day blog. I've missed out on all the fun! Matt's 40th is next Saturday..he does not want to spend his bday with coldplay...sad eh? Oh well. we did go to a They Might Be Giants concert a few years back in Phoenix. It was great. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm jealous...how was it?

    I think Chris Martin would think you are pretty dang cool.

    ReplyDelete