Thursday, January 29, 2009

Sunny Day

Today dawned a bright new day.

This week, first Logan, then Haley, then Levi came down with a stomach flu. A mild one, but still. By yesterday, I hadn't eaten much of anything for three days--I chalk it up to my own touch of the flu plus the appetite-deadening effect of watching others have the flu. I was sick of being sick, sick of grossness, sick of sitting quarantine in our house, and sick of the gray, polluted days of Utah winter.

Today I woke up after a night's sleep uninterrupted by puking children. I felt fine! The sun was shining! I feel like I got more done today than the rest of the week combined, and I feel more relaxed and pleasant.

p.s. Are you shouting Amen and Hallelujah that Rod Blogojavich was ousted? Sheesh!

1 comment:

  1. He was just trying to turn a dime. I have seen worse ways... I just can't think of any.

    ReplyDelete