Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Excuses

My daily NaBloPoMo blogging is undermined by the fact that my life is kinda LAME right now! I keep writing posts about the lameness, and then delete them. My potty training woes have already scared Josh right out of the ranks of future parents...and all I have to offer are more excrement-themed tales of Jesse's stomach flu, and how by nine o'clock this morning there was nary a clean towel in the house.

Our family is having some challenges right now that are pretty deflating. But at the same time, I'm spending a lot of time just overwhelmed by gratitude for what we do have. One good thing about the current economy is that I think it's helping everyone see how blessed we really are.

And that's the most positive spin I can muster for now.

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a pretty perky spin to me! And just think "this poo shall pass" (eh? Eh? Pretty funny right?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe I just wrote that. I've been hanging out with Worth's too long.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That does sound like a good spin to me too. You could always do random academic musings too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hear, hear for academic musings. Also, NaBloPoMo is just silly. I am very surprised you and Nancy would take part in something so mindlessly macho. Are the bragging rights really worth the bitter "chore posts?" I'm a patchy, inconsistent blogger, and I feel just fine about that. Also, that's pretty good, as far as Worthisms go, Nance.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And don't worry. Your children are exactly why I still want to be a parent.

    ReplyDelete