Saturday, March 7, 2009

Going Native, or The Underworld appropriates Mom

Generally, the messages from the underworld that I encounter are like this one:
I'm happily kneading pizza dough for dinner when I notice that someone has hidden this menacing weapon beneath the bowl. A reminder? A threat?

But something happened the other day that let me know that the divide between Underworld and Upperworld is less firm than I had let myself believe.

Levi sat down for the dinner only to find a dirty diaper sitting on his chair tucked neatly under the table.

But this time, the culprit was me. Not only did I myself place the diaper there. Far worse is that when, later, I realized my error, I took a picture...and again left the diaper behind.
Rather than bringing the light of order and civilization to my heathen scalliwags, I have instead succumbed to their native depravity and mayhem.

5 comments:

  1. Cleverly written. I loved the pictures and the titles (and the semi-intentional leaving behind of the diaper) and I particularly liked the message. Go native.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reminds me of the line from "Cars" where Lightning McQueen is begging for help and says "Help me! I'm becoming one of theeeeem!" I'm always telling my MIL, when she rolls her eyes at some joke of her son's, that it's her fault. So... sorry Ang. But you started it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been assimilated. I fear I am not far behind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog, Angel.

    Revenge is nice, though, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hilarious. Sometimes Mike raises his eyebrows at me, like "aren't you the adult here?" That's when I stick out my tongue.

    ReplyDelete