Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Potty Training, Day 2

After many, many puppy puddles, I concluded Jesse had letting-down issues--he'd pee the moment he got off the potty. So this afternoon I plied him with root beer, juice, and milk and made him sit on the potty--for about an hour.

After the allure of fruit snacks and Skittles wore off, I enlisted Logan to keep him entertained.

Which is Logan's specialty.


Finally--at a moment when I was talking on the phone and taking a pizza out of the oven--Jesse peed. He was so surprised, he leaned back and sprayed the room. I rushed over, did a bit o' redirection, and sure enough that boy got some pee in the pot.

4 comments:

  1. We love seeing so much more of your family...ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for Jesse! Hopefully this will be the breakthrough that makes it all click. It's all looking up from here, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angela, you are the best!
    Now you've gone and set that little heathen on the road towards civilization and beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep up the good work! Thanks for the detailed instructions. These joys are around the corner for me.

    ReplyDelete