Tuesday, May 5, 2009

The Easy Road

I know you're all dying for a potty training update. You recall I started intensive potty training, got nowhere, cleaned up dozens of puppy puddles, got derailed by a stomach flu, spent a day in intensive candy corn surveillance...then I decided to take the easy road.

I bought Jesse a pack of pull-ups and set him free. If he chose to use the potty, great; if not, who cares? When the pull-ups were gone, he put on underpants. And guess what? Most of the time they're dry. We have maybe 1 accident a day. I've always been a bit of an anti-Pull-ups purist, so I'm kind of proud of myself for choosing the easy way out for once.

6 comments:

  1. Hey, if it's what worked for him, there's no shame in that. Be proud that you thought up this genius plan that helped him get with the program. And, you may have saved his life by limiting how annoyed you were with him on a daily basis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my mottos is, WHATEVER IT TAKES.

    I'm glad for this update. I am still mentally preparing myself for the dreadful days to come. We'll be trying a three day method pretty similar to what you described.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't imagine why you would be anti-pullups. Especially if they work so well. I'm sold on them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. See? Progress! You're on the right track!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Waaaahoooooooo! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The boy might be craving reinforcement, and lacking POSITIVE reinforcement, he's going for whatever kind is available.
    That's as analytic as I can go. Some farm time might be just the ticket.

    ReplyDelete