Saturday, May 30, 2009

Overheard

Guess what? About half the stuff I did last night I wasn't supposed to do.
~ Roscoe, referring to the mind-boggling Spanish homework he did last night.

I am overconfident about my spelling test. Sometimes I get sheepish and lavish and foolish confused.
~ Logan, meaning that he confuses those words on his spelling list.

Do you want to be Sidious or Yoda? Okay, Yoda. That makes sense since you're smaller.
~ Roscoe, in all seriousness, to Jesse as they prepare for a light saber duel.


So can I just come home whenever I'm ready as long as it's before midnight?
~ Logan, calling from a friend's house. Apparently this boy needs to be introduced to the concept of curfew.

Careful not to pee on your plate, okay?
~ Roscoe to--who else--Jesse as the family sits down for dinner.

6 comments:

  1. These are delightful. Much more interesting than the simple negation of everything I say that I keep hearing from my three-year-old oldest child today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous. Simply fabulous! I can not WAIT for your kids and mine to mingle in a couple of months.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute. You are the true artist, though, for catching and compiling these gems!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So funny! Wasn't that Spanish project a little over the top?

    ReplyDelete