Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Happenins

Thanks to the ipod and enthusiasm of our friend Lee, a vanfull of chilluns wore the requisite ears, spots, noses, hooves, and signage to get free meals at Chik-Fil-A's Cow Appreciation Day.
I took our Primary to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple open house. (See Haley in her yellow dress front and center.) It's a beautiful temple. "Sparkly lights" rated as the kids' top fave on my informal after-event opinion poll. There are now 3 temples in birds-eye view of our house. If you live outside Utah and are jealous of our surfeit, come try to jostle your way into a Friday-night temple session--it's kind of like waiting in line for Rolling Stones tickets.
Jesse carefully counts his allowance money. Then promptly loses it all.

Levi finished the first Magic Treehouse book. It's always a fun summer when a child is ready to start this series. Right now, we read each chapter together. By the end of the summer, he'll be on book twenty-something and will be blasting through them on his own.

5 comments:

  1. Fun, fun, fun! Way to go on the cow dress-ups! Never were there such cute cows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to take a note of that book series. Nancy Drew did it for me, and I've often wondered what will do it for my kids. (Early yet, though. Alas.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job Levi!!! You are an awesome reader I am so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have no idea how you manage to have time to spend with each individual child like you do, but since I just saw it in person I am witness to your miraculous work.

    I am looking forward to the documentation of this crazy journey and I hope everyone is in tip-top health.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you know we have a Chik-Fil-A right here in CA? First time I saw it I totally thought of Nancy!

    Gotta love the Magic Treehouse! Think he'd go for The Time Warp Trio? (Jon Sciezka a-la Stinky Cheese Man)That's my fave in that age range!

    ReplyDelete