Thursday, August 20, 2009

Today's Therapy

Before: Command central. Each kid has a white cubby for homework handouts, etc. But I never actually sit at the desk. Instead, I use it to stash things like a fifty-pound bag of oatmeal.

After: No more oatmeal, thanks to a tension rod and a yard of fabric. Oh, and thanks to Roscoe, who watched the little kids while I did a therapeutic browse through a cute little fabric boutique. (Kelly: the one at Gardner Village.)

The reverse side. I couldn't decide between these two fabrics--so I got both and made the skirt two-sided.

4 comments:

  1. Very nice! Love the kick pleat.

    I need a homework command station for the first time! How exciting! I'll have to think about that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a fat quarter of that same green fabric because I just couldn't pass it up. I couldn't match it to anything, but I just LOVED it. I think it wound up as a changing pad for a little baby girl or something. Awesome idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is so cute and I love the fabric!

    ReplyDelete