Wednesday, November 4, 2009

High Window

This day is rolling along slow and peaceful. It's sunny and warm, and you can almost smell the golden leaves piling up all around the house. Some friends came to play this morning, different friends are here now. But the kids and I are staying put.

Right now the kids and their favorite neighbors are out on the tramp. They're concocting different games, all somewhat dangerous or violent, and then conferring hotly on the rules. Jesse is across the yard, draped belly-down over a swing and trailing his fingers in the dirt.

I'm upstairs puttering around with the never-ending laundry situation, occasionally looking down on them from my high window. They don't know I'm watching. They're all beautiful to me, and precious. Just because. Even when they're fighting, a little obnoxious, a little stinky. I love them just because they are here. Their little souls shine brighter than the sunlight.

I think that's a little how Heavenly Father sees us.

4 comments:

  1. I love that! Especially since I spent a little tender time looking down on your children from that high window this past summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaahh so sweet. What nice thoughts:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for changing my perspective!

    And isn't it funny that laundry is always a "situation!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a nice thought! I just foundyou on Mormon Mommy Blogs and appreciated reading this.

    ReplyDelete