Saturday, December 5, 2009

Weekend Roundup

My cupboards are bare. Four kids are doing food drives at school and the competition is steep. They leave every morning with backpacks heavy with my food.

My Christmas shopping is pretty much done. This morning I went to a certain mass retailer that I hate and generally eschew but that had the world's best deal on a certain item that will be our kids' one and only present from their parents and McGee grandparents. Very exciting!

But I cannot rest on my laurels because we have two birthdays this week. And another birthday next week. And then my anniversary. And a visit from my mother.

Haley's birthday is on Tuesday. We are hosting a spa party, where the girls will get their nails done, and hair curled, and cheeks lotioned and sparkled. Fortunately, Tuesday is also the day the new Harry Potter movie comes out on DVD, so the boys can hole up for their own party while the girls and I get girly.

December is not the best time to be a Primary president. It's an incredible amount of work to reorganize all the classes and programs for the new year.

5 comments:

  1. Wish I could be there to help for Haley's birthday party. Sounds so fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness...sounds so much like my home. We have two schools and a ward party that have been taking cans of food. I think I need to hit the caselot sales in the fall just to stock up fo rthe food drives in December. And what were we thinking getting married and having babies in December? Craziness!! (But fun)

    ReplyDelete
  3. May the Lord bless you in this time, President.

    The party does sound cute and fun, and may the Lord also bless you with a good case lot sale to replenish your stores soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am going to hold a spa party for my next birthday too. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I forget that you're PP. Sheesh. You are truly one busy woman. Now I feel bad for all my whining to you about how busy I am.

    Can't wait to hear about Haley's bday. It's fun to see you getting girly with her!

    ReplyDelete