Sunday, January 31, 2010

Good-bye, January, or Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

I always hate January, but this one has been a doozy. Most of the time, someone or other has looked like this:

Here I'm plying little sickies with nibbles of toast and sips of water after a particularly sad day in which at one point I stood just watching waves of green puke cascade across the floor like an outbound tide. Part of me was thinking, "Run! Towels!" but another, tireder part was thinking, "Wow, that's really green." (Part A won out after a minute.)

Sickness ensemble:
This week was especially lame. Logan, Levi, and Haley are off-track, but...see above re illness. Also I wrote resumes for hours and hours and hours, begging, pleading, and yes, sometimes snarling at kids to leave me alone. Lame.
The bright spots were moments like this:

The kids worked together to play cards and build marbleworks and conduct magic duels a la Harry Potter. (We are a family who has actual rules regarding which spells are fair game.)

February is my other most-hated month of the year. But I'm sick of being sick, sick of hating winter. I'm all geared up to make some fun.

10 comments:

  1. One good thing about February is that is has Valentines Day right in the middle of it.
    --Mark (the husband)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your posts are always so impressive and up beat. Sometimes I compared myself to you and feel like I should be able to do more. But this post was real and showed me that you have all the same struggles I do. What are the resumes for? Do you manage to work too?

    ReplyDelete
  3. [B]NZBsRus.com[/B]
    Forget Laggin Downloads Using NZB Files You Can Swiftly Search HD Movies, Games, Music, Applications and Download Them at Alarming Rates

    [URL=http://www.nzbsrus.com][B]Newsgroup Search[/B][/URL]

    ReplyDelete
  4. [B]NZBsRus.com[/B]
    No More Sluggish Downloads Using NZB Downloads You Can Easily Find Movies, Console Games, MP3 Albums, Applications and Download Them at Rapid Speeds

    [URL=http://www.nzbsrus.com][B]NZB Search[/B][/URL]

    ReplyDelete
  5. [B]NZBsRus.com[/B]
    Skip Idle Downloads Using NZB Downloads You Can Swiftly Search High Quality Movies, Games, MP3s, Applications & Download Them @ Rapid Speeds

    [URL=http://www.nzbsrus.com][B]NZB Search[/B][/URL]

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwwww. That first pic is pretty heart wrenching. I hope February is a ton better for you. Maybe a trip to the thrift store for some big, usually annoying, but will make the kids happy toy would be good.

    And I totally agree with Mark. Play up Valentine's day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with the first anon comment except I know about the resumes.

    As to January, we have had several years in a row with sick kids who fall ill while I am out of town and this year was no exception. You would think it would be awesome to miss that action but it just adds to guilt and makes me miss them even more.

    I can't help but see February as the saving grace to January, though, because of the red and pink everywhere plus the shortness. Also bonus, this year, Olympics!

    Sorry so many sick kiddos :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. You should have a ritual "germies go away" party/cleaning. Tell those germs that now that it is February they are NOT allowed back. Good luck and my fun times be ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice post and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you for your information.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous, don't feel you should do more! I try to make the blog up-beat, but there are plenty of flaws and mistakes over here! I run a resume writing business from home, so I'm writing resumes for clients.

    ReplyDelete