Thursday, April 15, 2010

Bright and White

So you know this half-wall in my kitchen? The strange black thing in the background of photos of my cute children that makes you think, "What is that? Does she live in some kind of strange Icelandic spa?"
Somewhere in the world there's a woman who loves this shiny black marble and has a kitchen where it fits right in. That woman is not me.
So finally we bit the bullet and painted it. People have been telling me my whole life that you can't paint glossy surfaces. Turns out there's this handy spray paint at Home Depot that handles them just fine. For five bucks!

So yes, Mark and I emptied 7 cans of spray paint in our kitchen. Two of primer, 3 of paint, and 2 of glossy top coat. This is not something we recommend. Repeat: Do Not.
However, after scrubbing paint dust off the floor and out of our noses until 11:00, we can now enjoy a brighter, whiter kitchen.

And I'm a firm believer in bright, white kitchens. And of cute girls to feed in them.

* Two bonus points to anyone who noticed the Buzz Lightyear paraphernalia in both photos.

6 comments:

  1. It looks a bazillion times better! Now it makes sense and is bright and cheery and the glass is great because it lets light through. Totally worth the scrubbing of dust.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks great. Well worth the effort!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes that is much better. The black always felt a little... different.

    I look forward to seeing it in person.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goes to show that you should not ALWAYS listen to your mother!

    ReplyDelete