Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

I'm hatching some plans that should make this year a big one for me as a mother. And Mark and I have been investing some good thought and prayer on how to better helm this family's progress. I have a long, long list of things to be grateful for, and it begins and ends with this family.

At dinner, Mark commanded each of the kids to pay me a Mother's Day compliment:

Haley
"She has long, blonde hair."
(I think this is because in sacrament meeting today I pointed out to her a family of gorgeous dark-haired daughters and a blonde mother.)

Levi (waxing a bit silly)
"She's as sweet and righteous as an angel."

Roscoe (responding to Mark's pride and exhaustion over having made dinner)
"She makes dinner every day."

Logan:
"She's good at solving problems."
(When I asked him what he meant, he said, "When Jesse throws a fit, you don't.")

Jesse (with complete sincerity and fervor):
"She's nice."

5 comments:

  1. Awwwwww! Those are so cute and sweet! What great kids. ...It must be something about their great mother that makes them that way...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What outstanding compliments! I agree with every single one of them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I echo Nancy's comment. I almost got choked up imagining your wonderful children paying respect to their amazing mother!

    ReplyDelete