Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Family Reunion

Our family reunion was, in my humble opinion, a huge hit. All the cousins got reacquainted and reestablished their friendships. And the adults did the same, reforging bonds of familiarity and love.





And to me, that's the whole point of a family reunion. If you want a family that cares about and supports each other, then they need to know and love each other. Which requires contact. Downtime, chats over dinner, lounging at the pool...
...coloring...
...ATVing...
...fishing...
...staging plays.

My Grandpa was a huge advocate of family reunions. He spearheaded and funded reunions for a group that exceeded 60 before he died. I love and am loyal to cousins from the across the country that I would virtually never have seen without these reunions. And he used the reunions as a venue for sharing his vision of our family.

3 comments:

  1. Ang, you look like a model in that one picture of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with Ruth.

    Looks like a great reunion! I can never believe how tall Roscoe is! And Haley was looking pretty tall, too. And I love the boy's expressions of excitement in all the pbotos. Especially the one of Levi with his mouth hanging open just like his cousins while they're holding a baby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Inspiring. (And Angela looks like that all the time) :)

    ReplyDelete