Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Life

This is how life goes: A blissful moment of peace yesterday, then another child falls to the stomach flu I've done you the favor of not describing. (It's a doozy.) So for another night Mark and I drifted in and out of sleep while dealing with a very sad, sick child.

This morning, my heroic sister Nancy, who has spent the last three-and-a-half months--since May 15!--lying flat on her back to keep her little baby safely ensconced until he fully baked, went into labor. She has been such a champion as her life has basically ground to a halt to care for this baby. And today, finally, he will arrive, safe and sound.

Also, I went to the doctor. I'm thirteen weeks pregnant. Three months. And everything looks good. That little heartbeat chug-chugged just as it should. By this point my chances of a miscarriage are down to about three percent. (Knock on wood.)
Meanwhile the laundry situation here continues to hover between Critical and Code Red. (How can I make progress when people puke over entire loads each night?) Still haven't been grocery shopping. No dishes done yet today. Not yet sure how we'll navigate the triple layers of family obligations we have scheduled tonight. But I took my little nap and now sit here sipping water and swilling a vitamin.

So the bitter is all mixed in with the sweet, the sublime with the base. Everything is just as it should be. Life is good.

5 comments:

  1. I hope you keep posting self-portraits from that exact pose. Wouldn't that be fun?!!!

    Sorry about the yuck-amok. I wish I were your neighbor.... I'd send one of my kids over to help. Ha ha. ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for your sister! I found a midwife yesterday who I really like. I am excited to go in and hear the heartbeat soon. Good luck with the laundry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sublime with the muck. Man can I relate. So sorry about the flu. You can do it and so can I!

    ReplyDelete
  4. angela-i gave a shout out to your fb group on my blog.

    i think it is great what you are doing. as always : )

    ReplyDelete