Which may now be ending, or at least tamping down.
- Last night I dropped a piece of paper onto the floor and moaned, "Now what am I gonna do?" in an inappropriately pitiful way. I actually considered calling Mark from the next room to pick it up or trying to retrieve it with my toes.
- I've been emptying the hot water tank two or three times a day, just because a shower or bath feels so good on my huge, sore self.
- By far the easiest way for me to roll over in bed is to slide out of bed to the floor, turn around, then roll into bed from the opposite direction.
- I watch TV almost every night. Not my normal M.O. But these days it feels so good to stretch out, be still, and let Betsy and my body do their thing.
- I don't even notice things like a thumping baby, contracting belly, or jumpy legs. That's just how I roll.
- Last night I made mac and cheese for Sunday dinner. "Okay," Mark said when he got home from meetings, "But I'll have what you ate." Sorry, babe, no adults-only fare up my sleeve. I ate the macaroni.
At most, there are two more weeks of this. I'll be watching them inch on by from my easy chair. Or the tub.