Monday, February 14, 2011

Our Valentines

Mark and I have a Valentine's Day tradition of mixed CDs by day and locking ourselves into our room with DVDs and Archer Farms treats by night. We're doing that today. But mostly, we felt we wanted to focus this Valentine's Day on our children. The last few months have been a bit rough around the edges around here. For many of the last eight months, Mom has not been in top form. And a good three or four of our children have been going through some rough developmental phases. Today we're plying everyone with treats and heartfelt words of love.
Big Roscoe is so handy. I can say something like, "Hang this centered between the bookcases," and he does it! Which is a good thing, because I think I was physically incapable of reaching up there.
Logan is in the phase when photographing him must be done in stealth mode. 
He looks like such a typical 13yo. And also, don't you think he looks a lot like me. Weird.

Levi has become a dedicated artist and works in this sketchbook for long stretches every day.
Haley doing homework and eating Valentine's treats. We think she becomes more self-assured and lovely all the time.

3 comments:

  1. I am thoroughly enjoying my inspired-by-you, made-by-Richard mixed CD today as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Valentine's Day. We love you and will see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks to me like everyone is thriving.

    Logan looks JUST like you, and yet you do not look like a 13-year-old boy. And he is not a hot momma. But he sure resembles you!

    Sorry I haven't stopped by the blog in awhile. Looks like I've missed a lot of posts!

    ReplyDelete