Thursday, August 4, 2011

Heartbreaker

First she was no longer a newborn, and now she's really no longer a little baby. She doesn't fold up in your arms like a hot potato. Her long legs trail down off my lap when I feed her. The little stinker has somehow become five months old!

How is it possible to feel that I've missed it when she's been in my arms most of the time?


Why does it take so long to make a baby and so little for them to grow up? (Feels like kind of the same ratio as time spent making dinner versus time spent enjoying it.)

She often has an amused but slightly skeptical expression as seen here...

Or maybe it's more shocked than amused...

Maybe because she's constantly being thronged like this:


I never really understood why people seemed to pity me for never having a baby daughter. I liked my family just fine, thank you very much. But now this girl feels like the cherry on top. Or the lemon drop.


4 comments:

  1. I do love her happy/skeptical look. She's just too cute to resist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so cute! I can't believe she is already five monhths old. Super cute pictures I love her big smile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a seriously, ridiculously adorable baby girl. I don't know how you get a single thing done with a face like that around to distract you.

    ReplyDelete