Monday, September 12, 2011

Legos

Jesse has entered a phase that, if he follows his brothers' footsteps, will bring him joy for years. Legos.
Most of the time he has in his hands a little spaceship or guy made of a few tiny pieces. Today at the checkout at Target we saw a little packet of bricks to make a flying ninja. For the first time ever, Jesse had his own set.

As soon as we walked in the door, he dumped out the pieces and followed the instructions to put it together.
I love the tidal wave sound of a boy raking his fingers through a pile of bricks, looking for just the right piece. I love the contented concentration as they work.
If I were stranded on a desert island with a boy, Legos would top my list of things to bring.
Followed perhaps by earplugs.

3 comments:

  1. Asher is a little behind on this front - perhaps because he doesn't have such grand role-models. Jesse does look like a very happy little boy in those pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Legos are what make our little family function with minimal contention. It is something that they all enjoy. I just don't enjoy finding them all over the house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet. I will have to come up with a toy to get rid of in order to make space to let Henry have some. I would need bleach wipes on an island with boys today, since my two have been sickly sick.

    ReplyDelete