Thursday, November 3, 2011

Multitasking

I am sewing dozens of tiny rings on the back of fabric panels to make roman blinds, while supervising the creation of a Jackie Chan biography poster.

I am spooning smooshed banana into Betsy's mouth, while correcting Haley's piano practice.

I am nursing Betsy, when the orbits of Levi and Jesse collide and from the playroom I hear escalating screams.

"Levi, be a peacemaker," I call.

"Whaat?"

"Be a peacemaker!"

"Whaaat?"

"BE. A. PEACEMAKER!!!"

"Sheesh, Mom."

I am wallowing in irony.

2 comments:

  1. That photo is so awesome! I think you should frame it. For real. To remind yourself of your own abilities. I mean, that table could be totally staged for some book cover about the craziness of parenting - but it's not. It's your life! Sewing, playing, computing, babying...

    ReplyDelete
  2. And, you are blogging.

    Laughed out loud at this one.

    ReplyDelete