Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New Year

Oh my goodness this house was well used over the Christmas break. Huge quantities of food and guests and children and Target bags surged in and out. But it felt like a real holiday, with plenty of rest and festiveness. Today I'm recuperating. Slipcovers have been bleached and washed. Cobwebs knocked down. A million things scattered here relocated to there.

Last night for Family Home Evening, we used this printable--found on Pinterest, of course--to reflect on our year. For me, the most difficult challenge, the greatest accomplishment, and the dearest joy were all one and the same--Betsy. She's been out as long as she was in and if I had to pay one long, horrible day of pregnancy for each day with Betsy in arms, I would.

This year each of the kids needs to grow out of a few things and into a few more. But by the end of 2012 we'll be thisclose to Roscoe graduating from high school and flying the coop. My fondest wish for the year is more of the same.

2 comments:

  1. For a second I was shocked to find a typo. Then I realized it was just another clever literary device of yours. You. You're good, you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just thinking about that 9month in and 9 out a few days ago. Yep, she was worth it.

    ReplyDelete