Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Betsy's First Year

...is officially over. On Sunday she turned one. She celebrated her birthday in perfect one-year-old style, plunging her fist into frosting and sliming herself thoroughly, then paying less attention to her presents than to the boxes they came in. I really can't muster much to say about my last baby's passage into toddlerhood. Having babies has been a phase of life I have loved with all my heart. A part of me isn't so sure that any phase of life yet to come will match it. 
The first row is Betsy's first week. The remaining rows are month by month. The last photo was taken on her birthday.

And for anyone (read: Mom) who, like me, can't get enough of Little Miss Birthday and her adorable smocked frock...


video
video

3 comments:

  1. "Having babies has been a phase of life I have loved with all my heart. A part of me isn't so sure that any phase of life yet to come will match it." ---I couldn't agree more! My youngest is 9 and I miss having babies and toddlers so much! And even though my oldest comes home from his mission in a few days...I'm assuming as life goes on and he returns, goes off to college, gets married, etc, that this feeling of missing him being little and being all mine will never completely go away. Betsy is completely adorable, by the way!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cant get enough of that smocked dress either! Adorable! Love the month by month photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love little smocked dresses. She is adorable. Congratulations/condolences on this milestone. :)

    ReplyDelete