Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Roscoe's Farewell

Roscoe's farewell Sunday was a sweet, sweet day.

Here are just a few of the people who showed up to hear Roscoe's lovely talk in sacrament meeting. Including both McGee grandparents and his Grandma Ashurst. ("You mean, we're gonna have double grandma action up in here?" he asked me the week before. Yes indeed, a missionary gets double grandma action.)
 Then we paused in all the missionaryness to document brotherly awesomeness.

 Logan, I must say, has been a real champ through all our missionary mania. Approximately 1,394 people have said to him something along the lines of, "Well, you're next, Logan." Which is exactly the kind of pressure and assumption that rubs him the wrong way. But he has remained Roscoe's gracious supporter.
 That evening, we had a cookie party and put together what I think was a beautiful little dessert buffet table. Thanks to my sister Nancy for the fabulous banner. (The Spanish error you see is my fault, not hers. My hispanohablante sister-in-law informed me that the banner says, "Argentina is alive!" which is not really what I had in mind. But whatever.)

The house was soon a happy throng of loved ones and well wishers.
It all ended with this.
video

2 comments:

  1. It is so miraculous to me that other peoples children seem to grow up as fast as mine, even though sometimes they get frozen in my mind for awhile when I don't read blogs. Congratulations to Roscoe. May the Lord bless him, and his mama, while he is gone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited for Roscoe and this amazing time for your family. I was sad I couldn't make it with Jared and Hailey to the farewell but I'd just had major foot surgery. Seeing that video just gave me chills and brought tears to my eyes. I miss your darling family and that ward so much. I hope your family and Roscoe will find many blessings as he choses to serve the Lord.

    ReplyDelete