Friday, February 21, 2014

Friday Five

1. Computer
My laptop reached the point where its screen illuminated only if I held it upside down, ran my fingers across the rewq keys three times, then carefully righted it without jostling anything. Turns out, I am completely dependent on my computer. Especially since, you know, I run a business from it.

Long story short: still under warranty, sent in for repairs, daily hour-long hold to check on its progress, part back-ordered, promise of a replacement. Almost two months later, I have a new computer. It's big and beautiful, but it's amazing how many things you do without even thinking--and how frustrating it is to have to think about them when navigating a new machine.

2. Foot
Mark's foot is basically unchanged. He sits in a wheelchair all day at work, then goes almost straight to bed when he gets home. Our second-opinion surgeon's appointment is on Monday. I think at this point our best case scenario is fast-track surgery. Possibly for both feet. *grimace*

3. Work
Business is good. Especially awesome given the impending medical bills but especially challenging since my husband is out of commission. I'm strategizing how to get me some backup.

4. Inspiration
I cannot get over how much I love this photo.

It's Noelle Pikus Pace, who not only won the silver medal in a bad-ass sport, but demonstrated for all the world her love for her little family, her commitment to Sabbath church attendance, and her devotion to the Young Women's program. See her necklace? I showed this picture to our young women on Tuesday night. It's really all I want for them. A beautiful, healthy, happy woman who is achieving her fullest potential by living the gospel.

5. Batman
Poor Mark is feeling pretty low. His self-identity as a manly mountain conqueror is being mightily challenged. But his sense of manliness got a teensy bump from this blog article in which he is referred to as the Batman of the Joseph Smith Papers.


1 comment:

  1. "My laptop reached the point where its screen illuminated only if I held it upside down, ran my fingers across the rewq keys three times, then carefully righted it without jostling anything."
    ...And how did you discover this trick?

    ReplyDelete