Sunday, March 9, 2014

Elizabeth Gold Is 3

A day to completely surrender to the glory of Betsy--sounds like a treat, right? I sort of dreaded it. Two-year-old Betsy has been completely delightful. She's so verbal and so rational that you can say things like, "No, you can't have a cookie now but you can have one after your lunch" and she totally gets it. Very few tantrums from her, and constant sweet lisping, twirling, and singing.


Also, I think the Big 3 means that finally, truly she isn't a baby. I have to admit that I'm grieving the end of babies. If I were a few years younger...

Anyway, she made it a great day nevertheless. She spent the morning playing with her cake supplies. Then helped me bake and decorate cupcakes with all manner of sprinkles.

The highlight for me was this adorable little trike. Isn't it just too much? I now get to spend the whole summer watching her tool up and down the sidewalks on this thing!

I'm sure I'll learn to like her now that she's three.

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe she's three! Time is zooming by! It's been fun to catch up with what's going on in the Ashurst-McGee house. Sad news about Mark. Sending prayers your way. We really NEED to get together asap!

    ReplyDelete